ASU Members campaign and WIN. But there is more work to do.
Your union was part of the Budget lock-up to bring you an exclusive update.
Here’s a quick overview:
We have saved Housing and homelessness Services.
Because of the campaigning efforts of ASU members, the Government has committed to paying their share of $57 million dollars.
This means hundreds of jobs and critical services have been saved. ASU members came together and through your hard work we won this!
But this is not a Budget for genuine recovery from the pandemic or a Budget that provides any long term changes to fix the problems we know exist.
- There is nothing to provide a pay increase or more secure jobs for workers.
- There is nothing in the budget to provide long term sustainable funding for community services.
- There is nothing in this budget to value the skills and careers of workers in our sector.
- There is nothing in the budget to deal with long term problems like poverty and homelessness.
- And the Government has also missed the chance to introduce 10 days paid Domestic Violence Leave.
The Morrison Government thinks that short term funding and band-aid solutions will help us rebuild and recover post-Pandemic. But they are wrong.
We need a Government and a budget that is good for women, good for workers, and good for recovery.
What we need to see is real, long term planning and funding to secure the best future for workers and for our communities.
Today we are hosting an exclusive Budget briefing for ASU members to analyse the details of this budget.
Join our urgent Budget briefing exclusive for ASU members today Wednesday 12 May via Zoom at 12:30pm.
For your spot register here now.
ASU Budget Briefing
Join via Zoom – Register here.
VIC TAS NSW QLD 12:30pm – SA NT 12pm – WA 10:30am
By your side,
P.S. Don’t forget to register for our exclusive budget update here.