ASU members at Zinfra Contracting have voted up their first enterprise agreement.
The agreement covers testers employed by Zinfra Contracting, previously engaged under individual, common law contracts.
The successful vote comes after a very long and drawn out bargaining process that saw ASU members unanimously vote to take industrial action in support of their claims.
Among the highlights of the new agreement, members will benefit from
- Wage rates set higher than comparable rates under the ETU agreement.
- A 3.5% wage increase.
- A 36 hour week.
- Rostered days off.
- Phased in increases to employers superannuation contribution up to 11%
- Immediate increases to penalty rates (backdated) with increases to double time overtime for all hours worked commencing in 2020.
- Income Protection insurance
- Plus a range of new entitlements and allowances.
For a first agreement members have achieved an excellent agreement that will see their conditions brought to and in many cases exceed industry standards.
The ASU congratulates the members for their patience and determination to achieve better outcomes in the workplace.