The ASU wants to thank those who took the time out to complete our survey. We have been able to collate the data and have identified the claims that members indicated that they felt most passionately about.
Unfortunately, as the survey was conducted over the Christmas break and the response rate wasn’t very high, we thought we would resend this out.
All you need to do is click the link below and list your top 10 claims.
This does not mean we won’t be pursuing the remaining claims, it just gives us an idea about the claims you feel most passionately about.
What has been agreed to
- Increased compassionate leave to 5 days
- Maximum 20 days Family Violence leave (ASU claim is min 20 days EA currently at 5 days)
- Pro-rata redundancy for incomplete years of service
What is the current wages offer
- An increase of 1.5%, or $20.50pw whichever the greater. Each year of the agreement the increase is payable on the first full pay period on or after 1 September.
- 5% Superannuation to be absorbed, or not, depending on the value of other additional cost items in the agreement (ie. if there are no other cost items, none of the 0.5% superannuation will be absorbed).
We note that Council wants this concluded within a 3 month period (29 April 2022), which we feel is a little ambitious given where we are with the negotiations currently. However, they have indicated that if this is not reached backpay will not be payable.
Talk to a colleague about the importance of union membership and ask them to join online today via https://www.asu.asn.au/asujoin
For further information please contact:
ASU Organiser Lorraine Di Pietrantonio | email@example.com