The ASU went back to Council following our recent round of meetings and advised that members are seeking the following:
- Councils no longer pursue changes to leisure span of hours, even in a grandfathering arrangement
- The wages offer of 80% of the rate cap be increased to 100% of the rate cap amount.
Council have responded with the following:
- Agree to no longer pursue changes to leisure span of hours – This is a great win
- They have improved the wages offer as followed – please note that they haven’t committed to 100% of the rate cap however they have increased the percentage and rate cap amount in both years 2 and 3.
- Year 1: wage increase of $26 or 1.75% whichever the greater
- Year 2: wage increase of $26 or 1.85% or 85% of the rate cap, whichever the greater (increased from 1.75% or 80% of the rate cap)
- Year 3: wage increase of $26 or 2% or 85% of the rate cap, whichever the greater (increased from 1.75% or 80% of the rate cap)
We now wish to seek members’ feedback on this latest and final offer from council.
We have created a short survey for you to provide feedback: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/Y8XRPS8
A round of meetings will be held the week commencing the 2 May. Stay tuned for these dates.
We have been able to improve the wages offer now on 3 separate occasions – this has been because ASU members have been very clear in their feedback which has been raised at the negotiation table and stood strong.
ASU members standing together is key. Talk to your colleagues about the importance of union membership and ask them to join the ASU today via https://www.asu.asn.au/asujoin
For further information please contact:
ASU Organiser Lorraine Di Pietrantonio | email@example.com