You may have seen that after 12 months engaging with members, we developed a new ‘strapline’ or mantra “By your side”.
Explaining what our union about in 3 words is not easy, but symbols are important, and we wanted to get it right so thank you to all members who were involved in the process.
Now we’d like to bring it to life as part of a new recruitment campaign to attract more people to join the union.
… And we need your help – plus you can win a Merch Pack!
We’re asking members to shoot a very short 15-second video of themselves. The selected entries will form part of an online campaign to attract new members.
The selected entries will win a Merch Pack.
There has never been a more important time to attract new people to the ASU team as we negotiate with employers and government across a range of difficult and important issues – particularly around jobs and employment conditions during COVID-19.
We’d love it if you could record a short 15-second video and send it to us at email@example.com and we’ll let you know if your entry made the final cut before it’s published online!
In your video – tell us one thing that would inspire one of your friends or colleagues to join the Australian Services Union.
We’ve listed some tips below to follow when you’re shooting your video:
- Please include the words “by your side” as part of what you say on the video
- The maximum length of the video should be 15 seconds
- Shoot the video in ‘landscape view’ (i.e. with the phone held to the side).
- Make sure you’re in a well-lit space
- If you’re resting your phone on the desk or an iPhone holder/selfie stick, make sure you’re reasonably big in the shot (not too far away)
- The video can include just yourself, or if you’d like to do it together with friends, that is fine too.
- Either email the file or if too large, upload it to a cloud-based system like WeTransfer or DropBox and email the link. The email address to send it to is firstname.lastname@example.org and please use the Subject: ASU video entry
Thank you so much for your help – we have strength in numbers and this will help us grow the union and our collective strength.
By your side,
The Australian Services Union team