The Community and Public Sector Union and the State Government have reached agreement on the VPS 2020 Enterprise Agreement.
This enterprise agreement, if approved, will apply to ASU members who work at the Department of Transport.
Key features of the proposed EA include the following provisions.
Pay & Allowances:
- A 4 year Agreement with pay rises of 2% p/a
- A new mobility allowance paid annually at 1.25% of the highest pay point in each grade
- Mobility provisions acknowledging that employees may need to be deployed to different locations and roles to meet changing demands on services.
- Overtime calculation cap increased to Grade 4.1.1
Improved Gender Equality & Better Leave:
- Superannuation on unpaid parental leave up to 12 months
- Increased primary carer’s and/or secondary carer’s leave to 16 weeks
- Employees in receipt of workers compensation payments will be able to take and accrue annual and personal leave
- New clause that explicitly sets out the gender equality principles, to enable equal pay cases to address gender pay gap
These new provisions set a precedent that should flow on to other Agreements within the broader public sector.
And with bargaining set to commence at VicRoads, CFA, Parks Victoria, and several Water Authorities, the ASU will be pushing to get them into those Agreements.