Recently Minister Jaala Pulford announced in state parliament that the government intended to move the Registration & Licencing section of VicRoads to Services Victoria. The ASU were not informed that this decision was going to be made prior to the announcement.
The day following the announcement ASU officials met with Minister Pulford’s staff and tried to get clarity about the following questions;
- Will VicRoads R&L staff be part of the public service or public sector following any move to Services Victoria
- Services Victoria is mainly on-line service at the moment, how will they deal with the number of staff who will come across from R&L?
- What happens to VR with so many staff leaving? Will there be flow on consequences there?
- What will the industrial conditions be for R&L staff?
- When will the move happen?
- Will R&L staff still do the same work they are doing now?
- Will VicRoads use this proposed move as an excuse to outsource vehicle testing? The ASU will fight any potential move along these lines.
It is not good enough that a state Minister makes an announcement such as this without having had prior discussions with your union. The ASU are pushing to get answers to the questions above ASAP.
You have a right to know what is going to happen with your job and who your employer will be. The Ministers office have committed to on-going meetings about this matter and we’ll be in touch as soon as we can with any news as soon as we get it.
For further information please contact:
The ASU Member Contact Centre | 1300 855 570 | firstname.lastname@example.org