Bargaining has commenced for the new VicRoads Agreement, and after an extensive series of members meetings, we have developed a draft log of claims.
This is your EA9. Before we can provide the log to management, we need your endorsement. Please read the log below, and follow the link to vote for approval.
- All conditions, entitlements and allowances to be retained
- Salary increases of 3.5% p/a over 4 years
- Inclusion of a new secure employment clause, limiting the use of labour hire, and stipulating that labour hire cannot be used in place of genuine ongoing roles
- New inclement weather clause restricting outdoor work, including drive tests, in extreme heat or rain
- Dispute Settling Procedure to include ‘any other workplace matter’
- Superannuation to be paid during parental leave
- Inclusion of annual leave loading
- Compassionate leave increased to 5 days per occasion
- Amend ‘hours of work’ clause to clarify that staff cannot be required to commence any tasks until the official commencement of shifts
- Amend the ‘Disciplinary Procedures’ clause to provide separate processes for misconduct and performance management, and to ensure staff are provided full details of any allegations in writing
- Consultation clause to be amended so that consultation commences where the employer has ‘developed a proposal’
- ASU access to all inductions for VicRoads staff
- Strengthen annual leave clause so that it cannot be unreasonably refused
- Expand purchased leave options back to 12 weeks
- Provision for paid time to be allocated to complete CDPs
Click here to vote for approval. Voting closes at COB next Monday February 17.
Stay tuned for an upcoming update on all the latest on our campaign to stop the Government privatising VicRoads. Keep up to date via https://www.facebook.com/ASUVicTas/
To organise a meeting in your workplace, please contact Matt Price at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 0407 362 764
Want to get the best outcomes?
Strength in unity! The more members we have, the stronger we are, so talk to a colleague about joining the union today via https://www.asu.asn.au/asujoin
Your work is the foundation of your life: doesn’t it make sense to protect it? The ASU protects your rights at work, provides expert advice and support and delivers members only savings and discounts. We are not-for-profit, member-owned and run. We exist only for the benefit of our members.