Negotiations are progressing around the new VicRoads Enterprise Agreement. Though we have been frustrated by how long it has taken to get to this point, your ASU Delegates are working hard to negotiate a new Agreement.
The new Victorian Public Service Agreement was recently finalized, and it included a 1.25% mobility allowance, 16 weeks parental leave, and a new clause to deal with gender pay inequity. We are seeking that all of these things are included in the new EA9.
Other matters under discussion include;
- A new secure employment clause limiting the use of labour-hire staff
- New strengthened annual leave provisions to ensure leave approvals are fair and equitable
- A new, fairer clause dealing with performance management and misconduct
- An increase in compassionate leave
- Longer morning and afternoon breaks
- Improvements to the ‘hours of work’ clause.
Management has indicated that they will soon be in a position to put a revised offer to us. At that point, we will go to members with an extensive summary of what is agreed and not agreed, as well as full details of Management’s position. We will seek your views on how to proceed from there.
For more information please contact:
ASU Organiser Matt Price | 0407 362 764 | firstname.lastname@example.org
As always, the ASU is By Your Side – Together we are ensuring safer workplaces, job security and overcoming other workplace issues. Pass on this newsletter to others at work and ask them to join the ASU.