Congratulations ASU members and delegates on delivering good bargaining outcomes for VicRoads employees. The more members in your workplace, the greater your union’s capacity to improve and protect your working conditions.
Voting is underway for the new VicRoads Agreement. As previously advised, ASU strongly supports this agreement, and we encourage members to vote ‘yes’ to endorse it.
Key components of the Agreement include;
- 2% payrises per year
- A $1100 patience in bargaining payment to compensate for the delay
- Annual flexibility payments starting at $700
- Significant improvements to parental leave, superannuation on parental leave, and compassionate leave
- A new clause ensuring staff get adequate set up time before serving customers
- Commitments to work with ASU to develop strategies on workplace bullying, diversity and inclusion, mental health, and break adherence
MEMBERS MEETINGS NEXT WEEK
In support of the new Agreement, ASU will be holding member’s meetings at some locations next week. We had hoped to start these earlier and to visit more sites, but unfortunately, the second lockdown derailed those plans.
All meetings will be at 8am in the customer waiting area at the following locations;
Monday Feb 22nd – Burwood CSC and Bendigo CSC
Tuesday Feb 23rd – Heatherton CSC
Wednesday Feb 24th – Bundoora CSC & Ballarat CSC
If your workplace is not on this list, and you would like to arrange a meeting there, please contact Organiser Matt Price at firstname.lastname@example.org