ASU Delegates are meeting weekly with VicRoads Management to discuss all of your concerns around COVID-19.
There has been a large number of matters raised, and we are working through them systematically to try to get them resolved.
Matters raised include;
- Sneeze guards – members have said that the guards installed are too small for the counters. We are seeking a joint ASU/VR review to determine if they are fit for purpose
- Provision of PPE – some sites have been provided single layer face masks, whereas others received 3 layer masks. This should now be resolved
- Movement of staff between sites – should not be happening in other than exceptional circumstances
- Working from home arrangements – should be equitable, and comply with Government requirement that if you can work from home you must work from home
- COVIDsafe plans – need to be communicated to all staff. We have been consulted around the contents of these, and discussions are ongoing
We have also raised the Government’s Roadmap to recovery, and what this will mean for VicRoads. After all the problems around drive tests earlier in the year, we want to ensure that the ASU is involved in any decisions around the reintroduction of drive tests and the return to normal service.
If you have any questions around COVID-19 at VicRoads, please contact your ASU Delegate or
ASU Organiser Matt Price | 0407 362 764 | email@example.com
As always, the ASU is By Your Side – Together we are ensuring safer workplaces, job security and overcoming other workplace issues. Pass on this newsletter to others at work and ask them to join the ASU.