Many of us will find ourselves wearing a mask when we hadn’t needed to in the past.
Using facemasks incorrectly can cause the virus to spread so here’s some tips on using a mask properly.
- Before putting on a facemask, wash your hands all over with soap and water, or alcohol-based hand rub. Dry your hands well.
- To put the mask on, cover your mouth and nose with the mask and make sure there are no gaps between your face and the mask.
- When you wear a mask, be careful to only touch the ties or elastics. Don’t touch the front of your mask. If you touch the front of your mask, wash your hands immediately or use alcohol-based hand rub.
- Replace the mask with a new one if it gets damp. Dispose of a single-use mask in the bin or wash a reusable mask.
- To remove the mask: undo the straps and remove the mask without touching the front of it. Put it straight in the rubbish. Wash your hands all over with soap and water, or alcohol-based hand rub. Dry your hands well.