The ASU is holding urgent member meetings to provide an update on EA negotiations.
DATE: Thursday 6 May
REGISTRATION LINK: https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZYvcOCurTkiGNxVDlnbY_yvaD7yLSpIavdw
DATE: Friday 7 May
REGISTRATION LINK: https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZcscu6qrDkiHd06BGPmcAjnbSi_3st7-Ymo
ASU representatives have stood firm to preserve your conditions and have prevented the inclusion of Unison’s proposal to extend their termination rights.
However, management are proposing a series of reductions to your conditions. Your representatives need your support! ASU representatives need your direction, to prevent these losses. Reductions proposed include the following.
- Loss of mutual agreement to changes to Position Descriptions.
- Loss of alignment of policies to Enterprise Agreement
- An extension of the spread of hours an effective reduction of the hours in which overtime is payable.
- Introduction of capacity for the employer to withdraw entitlement to RDOs is they are not used.
- A reduction of the rights of an employee to have a dispute heard by the independent umpire on work-related issues.
Please see the employer’s claims here for more detailed information on your employer’s attacks on your conditions, the claims we have thus far secured, and the employers pay offer.
The next bargaining meeting with Unison will be later in May. Your feedback will be critical to determine our next steps.
For further information please contact:
ASU Delegates Kylie Moore and Anthony Gallagher or
ASU Organiser Giancarlo (Chaz) Volpe | 0428 734 459 | firstname.lastname@example.org
We wish Anthony Gallagher well as he moves on from Unison. His contribution has been tremendous, as a staunch advocate of Union rights he has been prepared to speak up in the interests of members. Well done Anthony and solidarity forever.