If you’ve got an active, trained ASU Delegate in your workplace, you’ll know how integral they are to making the workplace fairer. They take collective issues to management, liaise with the ASU officials and directly represent members in all manner of meetings and processes.
If you don’t have a delegate, or your workplace could do with another one, now is a great time to consider whether you’re the person for the job, or if there’s someone else you can nominate.
Did you know?
- Delegates are democratically elected by the members they represent.
- Delegates come from all walks of life and can be part-time, full-time, permanent or casual.
- No delegate starts in the role having all the skills they need. The training and development provided by the ASU gives you all you’ll need to know to represent other members well.
- There’s no cap on the number of delegates at a workplace. This means that even if there’s already a delegate on site, another delegate can be elected to join them.
- Delegates have the right to represent members, but there’s no expectation that they’ll take on every matter in the workplace. The ASU is by your side and we’re here to assist with anything beyond the skill or capacity of the delegate.
So, could your workplace benefit from a delegate election?
You can nominate yourself or a colleague by getting in touch with the ASU Member Contact Centre | 1300 85 5570 | firstname.lastname@example.org