Following the second No Vote, TasWater wanted to put the 3 agreements straight back out to vote without any change whatsoever. We told TasWater that was unacceptable and that they needed to continue negotiating.
The company was determined not to move and to hold strong, however, we kept pushing for further important improvements to the offer for our members. Eventually, TasWater agreed to the current offer which has been put out for your vote.
In addition to previously agreed items, the offer includes:
- Year 1 – 2.5%
- Year 2 – 2.5% or CPI whichever greater capped at 3%
- Year 3 – 2.8% or CPI whichever greater capped at 3%
- Payment of Superannuation whilst on paid and unpaid Parental Leave
- Electrical & Instrumentation –commitment to implementing a separate classification and remuneration structure for the Electrical and Scada team, using relevant market relativities in favour of employees. Coming into effect within the first six months of the agreement being approved.
- On-call public holiday allowance to apply to all public holidays and DIL for Christmas and Easter days.
- Ability to take LSL in blocks of 4 days
- Accrue additional 3.8 hrs of annual leave for each week on rostered overtime and/or rostered on-call for more than ten weeks on one calendar year (i.e. on a roster less than 1:6).
TasWater has increased the wage offer in Year 3 to 2.8% but has not agreed to increase the CPI cap above 3%.
We encourage members to consider the current offer and to cast your vote accordingly.
For further information please contact:
ASU Organiser Karen Tantari | 0472 512 484 | firstname.lastname@example.org