Bargaining is underway for your new EBA.
Thank you to all ASU members who have contributed your thoughts and ideas to our Log of Claims. We tabled the claims at last week’s EBA meeting.
Download a copy of the ASU’s Log of Claims here.
The main concerns raised by ASU members are:
- Salary increases keeping up with the cost of living
- The impact of COVID on working arrangements and leave balances
- Flexible working arrangements and workloads
- Classification review across Council.
Therefore, the ASU is seeking:
- Salary increases of 15% over three years, with a mechanism to protect employees against cost of living/CPI increases
- Paid Pandemic and Special Circumstances Leave
- All sick leave taken between 25 January 2020 and 1 July 2022 to be recredited
- Protections against unfair and excessive workloads
- An organisational banding and classification review
- Changes to support diversity, equity and inclusion; and
- A range of other changes to benefit employees at Surf Coast Shire Council.
Every single issue raised by ASU members has been included in our claims. We encourage all members to download our log of claims and discuss these with your colleagues.
The Employer advised they will respond to all claims at the next meeting (scheduled for Thursday 14 July).
ASU Organiser, Clay O’Brien, will continue to hold meetings to provide updates and discuss bargaining. If you would like to hold a meeting in your workplace or area, please don’t hesitate to contact Clay directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 0476 330 885.
There’s never a better time to encourage your workmates to join the ASU so we can have a stronger voice for workers at Surf Coast Shire. We encourage all staff to join online at www.asu.asn.au/asujoin
Join the ASU today