ASU representatives met with SEW Management on Thursday to discuss our dispute over the proposed restructure in Customer and Community teams.
Management agreed to pause the process for the billing cohort for two additional weeks, for staff to work through their concerns. During this time the ASU will continue to meet with management to push for a fairer process.
Key outcomes were;
Additional member queries
- Further questions have been raised at the ASU member meeting held on Tuesday. ASU will provide a list of this additional feedback for SEW to include in their response to team members.
Billing & Revenue
- Proposed changes temporarily paused
- Further consultation to continue for two weeks up until COB Tuesday 30 November 2021.
- Any outcomes from this will determine the next steps
- Team members will be notified of outcomes and next steps before Christmas 2021
- In the event of changes to roles, these will not take effect until January 17, 2022
- Billing & Revenue team members can apply for any EOI current vacant roles from Tuesday 23 November 2021 and will be considered as per the normal recruitment guidelines.
- Other changes within C&C including those in Collections & Affordability will proceed as proposed
- PDs will be amended where appropriate to include changes to roles and responsibilities as a result of consultation feedback
- EOI will proceed as per timeline (ie Wednesday 17 November 2021 to COB Monday 22 November 2021) for impacted team members
The final Structure will be in place from Monday 17 January 2022.
These changes have only come about because ASU members and delegates have fought for them.
For further information please contact: Your ASU Delegates or
ASU Organiser Matt Price | firstname.lastname@example.org
Talk to a colleague today about the importance of union membership and ask them to join the ASU today via https://www.asu.asn.au/asujoin