Today the state government released a portal for submissions for the terms of reference for the mental health royal commission.
The ASU will be compiling a submission with members’ views on what the term of reference for the Royal Commission into Mental Health should look like.
Your views will help us to formulate the ASU submission
We strongly encourage you to send in any views you have about what the terms of reference should look like to ASU organiser Jo McEvoy at firstname.lastname@example.org by 22 January.
The terms of reference will be based on the following “themes”
- Preventative & early intervention
- Social isolation, depression, anxiety & trauma
- Accessibility & navigating the mental health system
- Integration between Alcohol and Other Drugs & mental health services
- Community mental health services
- Acute mental health (mental health assessment and treatment both in hospital and in the community)
- Forensic mental health services ( mental health assessment and treatment for people in contact with the criminal justice system )
- Preventing suicide
- Workforce development and retention
- Deliverable reform to improve outcomes for people living with a mental illness
You can view the state government portal for the Royal Commission into Mental Health here https://engage.vic.gov.au/royal-commission-mental-health-terms-of-reference
The time frames for the formulation for the terms of reference are very tight as the state government will begin the royal commission in early March 2019. Please have your input to email@example.com by no later than 22 January 2019.
For further information please contact:
ASU Organiser Joanne McEvoy | 0437 035 721 | firstname.lastname@example.org