The ASU hopes members are staying safe and well in these extra challenging times.
In the meantime, the vote on the proposed City of Greater Geelong Enterprise Agreement (No.11) 2021 is open 24-31 January.
The ASU has collated responses to a range of members questions, so you can make an informed decision on your vote for the proposed EA. You can view them here.
The FAQs cover the clauses and questions listed below:
4.2 Salary Increases – when do the new rates of pay apply from?
Pay rates will be increased by 2.3% from the current rates, in the City Of Greater Geelong Enterprise Agreement (No.10) 2020. New rates of pay will be back paid from 1 October 2021.
- 3 First Aid Allowance – Who receives it?
- 3 Long Service Leave Provisions
- Schedule 8: City Services Field Employees
- 2 Supervisor Allowance – How much is this allowance? Does every supervisor receive this, including people filling in?
- 2 Outdoor Environmental & Adaptability Allowance (incorporating former allowances including ‘Industry Allowance’ and ‘Dead Animal Allowance’) – what is this and who receives it?
- 2 Maintenance Allowance – what is the effect of changes?
Before sending the ASU has checked that the information in our FAQ sheet is mutually agreed by council. So if you’re relying on this info down the track, the ASU office has the paper trail already checking the union and council agree on the intent of these clauses and the advice being provided for members.
For further information about what the proposed COGG EA means for you please contact:
ASU Lead Organiser Tash Wark | 0418 424 052 | firstname.lastname@example.org (covering ASU Organiser Sean McCourt on leave)