After many weeks of little progress, Parks Victoria has put an offer to the Unions.
We need to hear what you think of the offer, the Mobility Clause and payment in particular.
Please read and respond, (details at the end of the email)
In summary, the offer is as follows:
- 2% pay rises per year
- An annual mobility payment in return for employees agreeing to increased mobility
- paid parental leave for primary carers will be increased to 16 weeks
- superannuation will be payable on paid and unpaid primary carer parental leave of up to 52 weeks, once the employee returns to work
- personal leave can be used for medical appointments and for attending to assistance animals
- a continuing commitment to preference secure forms of employment
It is important that members understand the conditions associated with the mobility payment. The draft clause can be found here, including two tables setting out the proposed rates.
Parks Victoria is seeking greater flexibility to move staff between work locations.
The two tables set out two ways that the payment could be structured. It’s important to remember that this would be paid as an annual bonus, not added to salaries.
ASU has not agreed to this. We have been clear that decisions on this will be driven by our members.
We also continue to fight to get After Hours Duty Officer payments improved. This is a critical issue for a number of ASU members, and only ASU are fighting for this improvement.
Please send your feedback to Organiser Matt Price at email@example.com
We are arranging members meetings at Parks Victoria sites. A full schedule will be issued shortly. If you would like a meeting in your workplace, please contact Matt as above.
Support a better outcome, share this newsletter and ask a non-member to join https://www.asu.asn.au/asujoin