Local Government Victoria has provided the following information to the ASU on changes to the cross-border community area.

From 11.59pm Thursday 2 September, the Victorian local government areas (LGAs) of Greater Bendigo, Greater Shepparton, City of Benalla, Buloke, Loddon and Yarriambiack, as well as the NSW LGAs of Broken Hill and Edward River, will no longer be included in the cross-border community area.

 This means residents from these local government areas will no longer be eligible for a Cross-Border Extreme Risk Zone Permit to enter Victoria. Residents needing to enter Victoria for critical work purposes may be eligible for a Specified Worker Permit.

Information for specified workers

A Specified Worker Permit is required for any worker entering Victoria after 6pm on Friday, 3 September 2021.

There have been minor changes to the allowable work under the Specified Worker Permit. The list of allowable work under the Specified Worker Permit is available on the Victorian Government’s COVID-19 website.

Evidence is required, such as a letter from an employer on company letterhead and needs to be carried both when entering Victoria and after entering Victoria.

Strict testing and isolation requirements will apply for permit holders. For a full list of industries and workers eligible to apply, please visit the COVID-19 website.

Workers can apply for a permit on the Service Victoria website and via the Service Victoria app.

Book a vaccination

All Victorians are encouraged, where possible, to book their vaccination appointment by visiting portal.cvms.vic.gov.au or by phoning the Coronavirus hotline on 1800 675 398.

If you have concerns about your employer’s response to the Covid-19 pandemic, please contact the ASU Member Contact Cente on 1300 855 570 or info@asuvictas.com.au for assistance.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email