Vision Super and the ASU have been working together since the inception of the fund in 1947
Vision Super is an industry fund, run only to benefit our members, not to make a profit for shareholders.
With around 100,000 members and over $10 billion in assets, they have the experience and expertise to look after your super for life.
There are nine directors on the board of Vision Super – four appointed on the nomination of the ASU
The ASU Victorian and Tasmanian Authorities & Services Branch is seeking expressions of interest for a Trustee Director on Vision Super.
The nomination process is set out below, and nominations will be open for two weeks and close on Friday 13 March 2020.
- Where a vacancy arises, expressions of interest will be called for from the membership of the Branch.
- Candidates will be assessed against the following criteria:
- A minimum of 1 year’s membership of the Branch;
- Meets the fit and proper person test including:
- Has propriety including good character, is diligent, competent, experienced & honest, has integrity and exercises good judgement.
- Has the appropriate qualifications or is willing and able to undertake training to obtain the qualifications?
- Is willing and able to comply with ongoing training requirements as determined by the Board.
- Has the capacity and time to commit to the role including attending Board meetings on a regular basis.
- Where it is assessed that one or more candidates equally meet the criteria above, preference will be given to candidates who:
- Can demonstrate that they actively pursue the interests of the Branch’s members; and/or
- Would enhance diversity on the board, taking into account the background, skills and experience of the existing Board members.
- A list of candidates who meet the prerequisites above will be provided to the Branch Executive to select the Branch’s nomination(s) for the appointment.
Please note: Any expression of interest should outline the potential candidate’s commitment to industry fund superannuation.
Expressions of interest should be emailed directly to Rachel Acton at firstname.lastname@example.org by close of business Friday 13 March 2020
Branch Executive President