Thanks to delegates and members who participated in our CHC Bargaining Updates yesterday. Your input was valuable.
Support your delegates working for you. Don’t already have a workplace delegate? Think about who you could nominate.
Status of negotiations
No pay offer yet! VHIA are working with centres on a proposal.
Positive Progress on members’ claims;
- Likely agreement to our more comprehensive definition of family,
- VHIA reviewing the inclusion of permanent care in addition to adoption leave,
- Positive consideration of Cultural and Ceremonial leave, and Lateral Violence Leave
- Statement of commitment to secure work.
- Likely agreement on blood donation leave
- Employers have dropped the claim for an extended spread of hours!
- Employers reviewing following claims;
- Casual conversion
Members told us that in addition to the priority concerns of;
- Pandemic leave
- A good wage outcome
- Opposing reductions
Members want to continue to pursue;
- Work from home
- Mental health leave
We have resisted reductions! Your employers have agreed to drop the following claims;
- Removal of extra weeks leave for Youth Workers
- Reduction to union training leave
- Reduction of scope of dispute resolution
- Extension of close down options,
- KPI clause
- Travel and laundry allowance.
There is still a way to go to address all ASU members’ claims. See claims here. Your delegates have put in a major effort.
ASU members in all your centre’s have been ably represented by union delegates.
Thanks to Andy – Cohealth, Mary – LCHS, Donna – Star, NRCHC, Anne – Bendigo, James -Cohealth.
Mary and Anne recently decided to step back from bargaining. Thanks for your work and representation of your members’ issues.
Susie – Gippsland Lakes Complete Health has now joined the bargaining team. Thank you and welcome!
If you are with us – share this newsletter today. To win, we need you to ask your colleagues to join the ASU today via https://www.asu.asn.au/asujoin
For further information please contact: Your ASU Delegates or
ASU Jane Karslake | email@example.com