NHVR management has contacted ASU with an offer to extend and vary the existing On-Roads Enterprise Agreement, rather than renegotiate it.
By extending and varying and Enterprise Agreement, we simply replicate the existing Agreement, with additional payrises and any technical adjustments that may be required by the Fair Work Commission to meet the BOOT test.
The advantage of this is that we get a guaranteed payrise locked in and it is done quickly. The disadvantage is that we don’t get to make substantial changes to the existing Agreement.
As part of the extend & vary proposal, NHVR are offering the following;
- A 2.5% wage increase for each additional year of the Agreement.
- Allowance increases to 2.5% for each additional year of the Agreement.
- All employees receive a $1000 incentive payment conditional on a successful vote occurring as soon as possible. Payment will be made in the second pay period of January.
- An additional role of Mechanical Safety and Compliance Officers. Wage increments of 1-3, starting at Safety and Compliance Officers Increment 6.
- Superannuation table to reflect increasing superannuation requirements.
Full details of the NHVR proposal, including their rationale can be found here.
But it’s your Agreement, and we want to hear from you. To have your say please vote via this link https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/K9PHFWF by COB this Friday December 3.
If you have any questions about this, or need further clarification before voting, please contact Matt Price at email@example.com