We are rejoicing at the lowering daily COVID cases, knowing that every day these numbers drop your safety improves. However, COVID is with us and we need to remain vigilant to protect your health, your clients and the community’s health.
We know how busy you may be representing members in your workplace, some doing this on reduced hours. Your work as delegates has never been more important.
- You’ve helped keep your colleagues in work.
- You’ve made sure your colleagues and clients have been kept safe.
- You’ve helped protect hard fought for conditions.
The ASU has made these two resources to assist you in your work at this time.
Delegates Organising Guide
This contains a list of Frequently Asked Questions by members with suggested actions for delegates to follow. It includes questions about Personal Protective Equipment, reduced hours and single-site recommendations.
Risk Assessment Help Sheet
Risk assessments should be a regular feature in your workplace to assess the ongoing evolving risks of COVID-19 on workers, clients, and the community alike. This help sheet highlights the role delegates and Health and Safety Representatives can play together to achieve safer outcomes for everyone.
Delegate Survival Checklist
- Are regular delegate meetings happening in your workplace?
- Do you have a way to communicate with your members easily and regularly?
- Is your Staff Consultative Committee meeting up and running?
- Do you have an OH&S structure at your workplace, with Duly Elected HSRs & Deputy HSR’s? Are they meeting regularly?
Unionism is your strength. Together we are stronger. Tell a colleague about the work of the union today and encourage them to join.