The ASU met with management on 11 and 12 July and we wanted to update members on the progress on negotiations. We want your feedback on the negotiations, contact ASU Organiser Kerman Daruwalla to arrange a union meeting at your site.
We talked management through the ASU log of claims. Key items included:
- A 6.5% pay increase with back pay
- EA coverage for MHC employees
- Reviewing classifications and salary bands
- Better support for lived experience, indigenous and trans employees
- Making fixed-term employment fairer
You can read all the updated ASU Log of Claims by clicking this link.
How did Management respond?
Management is taking most of our claims into consideration at this point. However, we’re disappointed Management have directly rejected our claim to include Mental Health Clinicians under our EA. We’ll be reaching out to MHC members and non-members to talk about our next steps before the next meeting.
What does Management want?
Management wants to make changes to the Agreement too. We were surprised to discover Management is proposing a significant number of cuts to your conditions, including:
- Overnight travel expenses by reimbursement.
- Expand the span of hours to 6.00am to 8.00pm and delete the early morning allowance. Your ordinary hours might now start at 6.00am without additional pay.
- You would be required to consider their operational needs when discussing changes to your hours of work.
- Remove the requirement to consider employee needs when approving leave.
- Changes to the definition of ‘shift worker’ so fewer staff will be entitled to 5 weeks of leave.
Click the link to read our detailed analysis of management’s claims.
What can I do to help?
Do you know someone who needs to know about the EA? Forward this email and ask them to join the ASU at www.asu.asn.au/ASUJOIN
For further information please contact:
ASU Organiser Kerman Daruwalla | 0437 035 721 | firstname.lastname@example.org