We met with management last week and they have tabled a pay offer of 1.25% or $20 per week (whichever is the greater). Management provided no justification for this dismally low offer. Offers from other Councils this year include:
- Moira Shire Council – 2% or $26 pw, 1.5% or $26 pw & 1.75% or $28 pw
- Greater Shepparton City Council – 1.8% or $28 pw each year for 4 years
- Yarriambiack Shire Council – 1.95% or $25 pw each year for 2 years and 1.95% or $25 pw or the rate cap in the last year
We had meetings scheduled for Tuesday to get your feedback on this offer and managements response to our other claims. You can see the list of claims that have been accepted by management here.
Due to the current lockdown, we have had to reschedule these meetings again. The meetings will now be held on Tuesday 8th June 2021:
- Castlemaine depot – 7:30am
- Town Hall – 9am
- Town Hall (Direct Care Workers) – 5pm
You are welcome to attend whichever meeting suits you e.g., if a Direct Care Worker cannot attend the 5pm meeting you are welcome to attend the meeting at the Depot or Civic Centre.
Non members are welcome to attend but are required to abstain from voting.
Not a member? Check out the benefits of being an ASU member and join Benefits – ASU Victoria & Tasmania (asuvictas.com.au)
If you would like further information please contact your ASU Delegate or
ASU Member Contact Centre | firstname.lastname@example.org | 1300 855 570
We’re stronger when we stand together.
Join the ASU today.