The negotiations have concluded, and the drafting of the document finalised also! That means members will now have an opportunity to review the document and vote on it. The timeframe is listed below;
Access period– 31 May to 14 June
Voting Period– 15 June 8am to 17 June 5pm. This will be done via email and SMS.
Outcome Announced– 18-21 June
Council has agreed to several paid meetings, this will provide members the opportunity to obtain an overview on the agreement and ask any questions. These will all be carried out via Zoom.
Date: Monday 7 June
Time: 12 Midday
Date: Tuesday 8 June
Date: Wednesday 9 June
Through the hard work and dedication of your union delegates we were able to achieve the following areas of improvement. The ASU is supportive of this Agreement.
- Gender equality clause
- Consultation prior to a definite decision
- Casual conversion clause
- Flexible Working Arrangements clause which references RDO and care for family members Improvements to higher duties
- Continued additional payments for superannuation for females.
- TIL to accrue at the OT rate
- Improvements to on call and recall allowances
- Parental leave increases
- Cash out of sick leave from 5 years
- Increases to compassionate leave
- Cashing out of Annual leave clause
- 3 days between Xmas and New years
- Independent medical assessment clause which calls for you treating GP
- Year 1: 1.5% or $20.50 whichever is greater (back paid for 6 months)
- Year 2: 1.5% or $20.50 or 80% of the rate cap amount whichever is greater
- Year 3: 1.5% or $20.50 or 80% of the rate cap amount whichever is greater
As always, the ASU is By Your Side
Lorraine Di Pietrantonio | email@example.com | 0400 986 745
We’re stronger when we stand together.
Join the ASU today.