An ASU meeting was held with members of Amenities and Compliance on Monday 27 May to confirm the areas of concerns regarding the implementation of the surveillance devices. This meeting was in preparation for a scheduled meeting with HR and Management to take place on Wednesday 29 May.
It was successful as it identified concerns, solutions and strategies to take to management for discussion.
- Officers ability to remove vests whilst on lunch and toilet breaks
- Officers ability to remove vests in stances they deem necessary- for example in extreme heat
- Additional training is required as per areas covered within the employers policy as this was lacking
- Ensuring GPS/recording information is not used for disciplinary action
Several new areas raised included;
- Removal of logo on the back of vest
- Requirement to wear vest in transit
- If other options had been investigated other than the current Vests.
The matter went to the Fair Work Commission and both parties agreed to undertake further consultation. The ASU view this as a positive outcome as we were seeking an opportunity to consult with management to address members concerns.
The ASU protects, promotes and improves the working conditions and entitlements of our members.
A further report back will take place following the meeting on Wednesday, so stay tuned.
For further information please contact:
ASU Organiser Lorraine Di Pietrantonio | 0400 986 745 | email@example.com