- Councillor allowances are budgeted to increase by 4.4%
- CEO costs are budgeted to increase by around 2%
- User fees (leisure, home care, building etc.,) are budgeted to increase by a whopping 27.9%
- The Fair Work Commission has just awarded a minimum wage increase of 2.5%
- Your last pay increase was $29 or 2% whichever is the greater
Management is offering 1.6% for the first year, 1.5% for the second year and 1.4% or 80% of the rate cap for the third year.
VOTE NO and get management back to the table for a better deal!
In addition, Council saved $153k last year by cutting shifts of mostly part-time and casual workers due to COVID.
Voting opens tomorrow and closes Monday.
- Make sure you vote and VOTE NO
- Talk to your workmates about why they should VOTE NO
- Pass on a copy of this newsletter or better still, print it off and put it on the wall
Subject to a successful NO VOTE we will be holding a stop work and BBQ for ASU members outside the Bacchus Marsh library at 12 noon on Wednesday 30 June. More details will be provided on Tuesday.
Not a member? There’s never been a better time to join Benefits – ASU Victoria & Tasmania (asuvictas.com.au)
For further information please contact: your ASU Delegate or
ASU Member Contact Centre | 1300 855 570 | firstname.lastname@example.org