As you are aware, the ASU Negotiating Team is currently negotiating a new enterprise agreement at Moonee Valley.
Today, management have presented the following wage offer and some conditions improvements.
A wage increase of:
1 December 2021 | 1.2%
1 December 2022 | 1.4%
1 December 2023 | 1.7%
Other condition improvements:
- Creation of a pandemic leave pool of 1000 hours to be accessed within certain parameters
- Superannuation to be paid on 20 weeks paid parental leave
- Annual $500 Superannuation payment for women over 45 who are Band 4 and below to address the gender pay gap in Superannuation
- Up to one week of additional leave for people undergoing gender transition.
- Up to 16 hours of leave per year to attend appointments relating to IVF (pro-rata).
- Increase Secondary Parental Carer leave by one week (to 4 weeks in total).
- One day of leave per year for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander employees to attend cultural ceremonies.
We know the wage offer of 1.2% this year does not meet members’ expectations, is below cost of living increases and falls below the rate cap of 1.5% this year. The ASU has advised management that we do not support this wage offer.
The ASU welcomes the conditions improvements and recognises Moonee Valley’s commitment to gender equality and better-supporting parents undergoing IVF and on the birth of a child. However, Management has rejected conditions improvements such as fixing the Transmission of Business clause and introducing inclement weather clause for outdoor workers that we know are important.
We now need to go back to management with a counter-offer identifying the improvements that are most important to ASU members.
We have prepared a short survey for you to share your views: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/JSPBB59
Your responses are confidential and will inform ASU delegates preparation of the ASU Counter-Offer.
For further information please contact:
ASU Organiser Zoe Edwards | email@example.com