Next week, Moonee Valley workers will have an opportunity to vote on the new enterprise agreement. The vote will open on 8 December and close on 12 December. You can vote via email or mail.
ASU Members overwhelmingly endorsed the agreement at a series of members meetings held across the Council over the past couple of weeks. The ASU Negotiating Team therefore recommends members vote yes in this ballot.
The enterprise agreement delivers:
- Job security with improved transmission of business redundancy protections
- A wage increase of $25.07 per week in December this year.
- A wage increase of $25.58 next year, or the rate cap, whichever is higher.
- A wage increase in 2023 of 1.5% or the rate cap whichever is higher.
- Establishment of a Paid Pandemic leave pool
- ‘Go home’ heat clause for outdoor workers
- Extra week of secondary carer parental leave
- $500 Superannuation payment for women, over 45 on Bands 6 and below
- Superannuation to be paid on paid parental leave
- IVF Leave
- Gender Affirmation leave
- Protection of aged care worker entitlements
- A span of hours for library staff
- Work from home rights for library staff when suffering from a minor illness
- Protection of Clocktower minimum shifts
- Ceremonial leave for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander workers
- Unpaid volunteer leave
- Improved rights and LSL recognition for apprentices and trainees
And much more!
Congratulations to the delegate team who have dedicated countless hours at the bargaining table and worked with members to secure this outcome!
If you have any questions or would like more information, please contact your ASU delegates or ASU Organiser Zoe Edwards at email@example.com
Join the ASU today