The below link contains information on the wearing of masks, this explains what types of masks and when to wear them and who has to wear them.
Your employer has to provide you with PPE whilst you are at work under their duty of care in accordance with the OHS act 2004
- From 11:59pm on 22 July 2020 if you live in metropolitan Melbourne and the Mitchell Shire you must wear a face-covering if you need to leave home for one of the four reasons.
- If you live in metropolitan Melbourne and the Mitchell Shire and you need to travel outside this area you must wear a face covering.
- If you live in other parts of Victoria it is recommended you wear a face covering when you leave home and are in situations where it is difficult to maintain a physical distance of 1.5 metres between yourself and others.
- If you cannot purchase or make a face mask an alternative form of coverage including a scarf or bandana may be used.
- Infants and children under the age of 12 are not required to wear a face covering. Due to the risk of choking it is not safe to use a mask on a child under two years of age.
- A fine of $200 may be issued to people who do not wear a face covering and do not have a valid reason for an exception.
For further information please contact:
ASU Organiser Jeff Dingli | 0437 102 489 | email@example.com