Enterprise Agreement negotiations have been on-going for several months, whilst there have been several improvements we still have many outstanding matters which council hasn’t agreed to negotiate on.
The employer has put the following wages offer on the table:
- 2.5% or $30 whichever is greater
- 3 year term
- Applicable from 1 July 2019
The improvements to conditions include:
- Parental leave- Increase to Primary and Secondary leave by 1 week each, parental leave applicable in cases where after 20 weeks the pregnancy does not result in a live birth.
- End of Band payment increased from $900 to $1000
- Creation of a serious illness leave bank- staff who have a serious illness and who have exhausted all leave entitled can access additional hours
- Family Violence clause
- Increase to Study Leave reimbursement from $3000 to $3500
- Improved Union delegates right clause
The ASU expressed concern with Melton’s lack of negotiations on the substantial outstanding log of claims. You can download the log of claims here.
We have advised council that we will be reviewing our log in conjunction with members to obtain the ‘die in the ditch’ claims which we want to continue to negotiate on. Council advised that any new inclusions will need to be costed and potentially impact the wages offer. The ASU advised that there are many claims which could potentially be minimal cost as they are not taken up by every employee. Further to this there are a range of non-cost items which improves the transparency and safety net for employees without equating to a dollar amount- for example implementing an agreed disciplinary process within the EBA.
The ASU will be running several meetings (see below) in the next week to obtain feedback from members regarding claims to pursue and next steps. Make sure you come along to one of the meetings to have your say into what claims we focus on.
DATE: Tuesday 28 May
TIME: 12.00 pm
VENUE: Libraries Activity Room
DATE: Tuesday 28 May
TIME: 3.00 pm
VENUE: Meeting Room 1, Community Care Building
If you have any questions please contact one of you ASU Delegates who are participating in the EBA process (Dylan Weeks, Linda Tretheway, Deb Mitcham and Alexandra Maggie) or
ASU Organiser Lorraine Di Pietrantonio | email@example.com