Over 100 ASU members met today to determine the ASU response to the latest offer from City of Melbourne and endorsed a counter offer to be put to management at a bargaining meeting tomorrow.
The details of the motions supported by the meeting are set out below. It was fantastic to have so many members attend and engage today. We heard loud and clear that City of Melbourne workers won’t accept a one-off payment and that the enterprise agreement must include back pay to reflect cost of living increases.
This meeting of ASU members at City of Melbourne rejects the offer put by management on 5 July 2021.
Moved: Tony Brooks
Seconded: Avril McQueen
This meeting of ASU members at City of Melbourne endorses the counter offer to be put to CoM management on 8 July 2021:
Length of agreement
- Expiry date 30 June 2022
- Back pay at the rate of CPI. This is an estimated 3.3% increase based on the March quarter 2019 and 2020.
- 1.5% pay increase paid at 1 July 2021.
Addressing the Schedule A/AA pay inequity
- Move all current Schedule A, Band 1 employees to Schedule AA (i.e. the 47 employees at the bottom of Band 1 to receive ongoing progression payments).
- Implement the Schedule A midpoint commitment at 1 July 2021.
- Parental leave and volunteer leave improvements.
- Other conditions as agreed in March 2020.
Moved: Luke Scully
Seconded: Tony Brooks
For more information please contact
ASU Organiser Zoe Edwards | email@example.com
Join the ASU today