As warmer weather approaches and everyone heads over to our local leisure centres it is a timely reminder for ASU Leisure members about keeping safe at work.
What we know:
- Lifeguards are one of the rare employment positions where your workload increases as the weather gets hotter
- Increased workload leads to higher risk of potentially major incidents
- Your employer has an obligation to conduct risk assessments to mitigate potential major incidents
- Lifeguards are faced with Heat Stress and Heat Stress can be deadly.
It is important for ASU Leisure members to be across some of the risk factors they faced during the hotter and busier periods at work.
The ASU has created a flyer, in partnership with delegates that work in leisure, which can be placed in your workplace. It has been designed to help you and your workmates keep safe at work.
What else can you do?
- Print this flyer and place it on your workplace board
- Get more involved in your local workplace health and safety group
- Become an ASU delegate