Voting on the new proposed Enterprise Agreement has opened today and will close Monday 22 May at 5pm.
This is your opportunity to have your say on the new agreement.
The ASU ran several consultation meetings with members and talked through the wages offer and changes to conditions.
The majority of members indicated that they were happy to accept the offer and the ASU provided in-principle agreement.
As such the ASU encourages members to vote and vote yes!
The wages offer:
Year 1 – 4.15% or $55 per week whichever is greater payable from 27 February 2023
Year 2 – 2% or $25 or 100% of the rate cap payable from 1 July 2024
Year 3 – 2% or $25 per week or 100% of the rate cap payable from 1 July 2025
(pro rata for part-time employees)
Improvements to conditions of employment include;
- Improvements to casual minimum engagement
- Bereavement clause definition expanded to a significant person in their life
- Gender affirmation leave
- Right to disconnect clause
- Sick leave can be taken as pressing necessity leave as well as wellbeing day
- Inclusion of ASU Organiser at the Staff Consultative Committee
If the agreement is successfully voted up it will be sent to the Fair Work Commission for approval, once certified it will come into effect 7 days post this.
We will keep you updated with next steps.
For further information please contact: Your ASU Delegate or
ASU Member Contact Centre | 1300 855 570 | firstname.lastname@example.org