The ASU has been consulting with members regarding Kingston’s rollover proposal.
We are pleased to report that the engagement and participation rate was high across all areas of council.
The outcome was the majority of members agreeing to a rollover agreement.
We had been able to improve the initial offer from 1.75% or $22.50 (paid 1 July) to;
- 75% or $25 whichever is greater payable from 13 April
- Improvement to parental leave provisions, which allows for all eligible parents access to 16 weeks paid parental leave
- 3 days flexibility leave (pro-rata)- with an increase in eligibility to;
- Essential workers or deemed workers
- Sufficiently (Managers call) required to attend the workplace or worksite to complete their work for the community
- Employed substantially through the period of the pandemic
Concerning the flexibility leave, we sought an assurance from Council that if the individual is unable to access this leave due to operational requirements, then the individual will not be penalised and the leave will roll over into the following year.
Kingston Council will draft a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) that outlines the wage increase and the additional benefits which will be honoured as part of this rollover.
We will then sit down with Council 3 months out from the expiration to commence full negotiations on a longer-term agreement. We already have some great feedback on areas of improvements members have put forward, so we have a head start on our log of claims.
Only ASU members can put forward log items and endorse the log of claims that we negotiate off. Ask a colleague to join the ASU today via https://www.asu.asn.au/asujoin
Thank you to our ASU delegates for their assistance with updating and obtaining feedback from the membership.
For further information please contact:
ASU Organiser Lorraine Di Pietrantonio | 0400 986 745 | firstname.lastname@example.org