Kingston Council have put forward a proposal for a rollover of the agreement for a 12 month period, instead of renegotiating now.
They have put forward wages offer of 1.75% (the rate cap for 2022) or $22.50 whichever is greater.
They are also proposing some minimal changes to conditions. These can be found here.
There is no right or wrong path, it is purely preference.
- Delivers a wage increase quickly
- COVID impacts will be less felt 12 months down the track- which will hopefully mean council won’t use this as an excuse.
- No loss of conditions as everything remains the same
- Unable to potentially negotiate a higher wage increase
- Unable to negotiate improved conditions of employment
What do I need to do?
- Come along to the PAID meeting
DATE: Monday 11 April
ZOOM LINK: https://us06web.zoom.us/j/88086699188?pwd=TVJnVTJ6LzViRFMxMEsvNXNYWVNjQT09
- Let us know your preference
We have created a short survey to obtain our members preference. Please participate so we have a clear understanding around the preference of our members.
Scan this QR code to fill in the survey.
We will be closing the survey COB Tuesday 12 April as we have our first EA meeting on Wednesday were we hope to provide Council with the ASU position.
For further information please contact:
ASU Organiser Lorraine Di Pietrantonio | 0400 986 745 | firstname.lastname@example.org