As you’re aware the ASU is working with management to progress outstanding concerns from membership, see updates from discussions below:
- Permanent Reliever position; there is 11 EFT however 17 people impacted. Staff shortage and filling of vacancies have been difficult, causing long term vacancies.
- Update: Survey requesting staff feedback sent out to obtain preference (20 September). Management to follow up on those yet to respond. Once received feedback provided to ASU.
- Same age vs multiple aged rooms: grouping of certain ages was discussed, this was a strategic move to ensure higher number of educators per room.
- Update: No longer a concern, resolved.
- Familiarity with logging near misses and incidents: lots of information at each centre regarding process of lodging near misses and incidents. Kingston uses Injury assist for this.
- Update: All sites have distributed relevant information and each site has OHS rep.
- Action Item: Looking at utilising the education leader position, more of an active role in raising concerns, more structured approach- meetings organised on a reoccurring basis. Unsure of frequency.
- Update: Email formulated and sent to staff-where staff can book a time to meet with someone to discuss any matters. People could self-select the time and who they want to meet with. Option to meet in pairs/groups and many levels of management ID as possible options.
- Safe work practices: Tiffany advised different sites have different setups, some have had a greater focus on this.
- Update: Still under investigation, on hold due to the COVID Constructions restrictions. Manual handling videos have been rolled out and spikey balls purchased.
- Food handling: Difficult as individual circumstances may differ, agreed there should be an overarching policy explaining all possible processes.
- Update: Not yet actioned.
We will continue to work with Kingston management to resolve these matters.
Together we are stronger. Ask a co-worker to join the ASU at www.asu.asn.au/asujoin
For further information please contact:
ASU Organiser Lorraine Di Pietrantonio | 0400 986 745 | firstname.lastname@example.org