After long protracted negotiations, we have finally got a final proposed EA.
Well done to the ASU delegates and members who were involved in the negotiating process.
This is the first EA at Kids First and we can build on it in the future.
There was been some really good outcomes in this first EA:
- Paid Parental leave: for primary carer 6 weeks full pay(with the ability to take at half pay-12 weeks) and partner leave 3 weeks full pay (with the ability to take at half pay-6 weeks)
- RDOs: Commitment to implement RDOs for full-time Staff.
- Increase to ex-gratia leave to 3 days between Christmas and New Year.
- Dispute Resolution Clause, to dispute all other employment related matters including all policies.
- 1% above SCHCADS Award and Clerical Award wages for the three year agreement.
- Paid Family Violence Leave.
- Purchased leave up to 48/52.
The ASU are in support of the agreement and urge all members to vote yes.
If all staff vote yes, ASU have requested that the RDO roster be implemented ASAP.
Voting will commence Monday 18 March and close on Monday 25 March 2019.
If a majority vote yes, then the agreement will go to FWC to be certified and upon certification all entitlements will become active for members to access.
Your work is the foundation of your life: doesn’t it make sense to protect it? The ASU protects your rights at work, provides expert advice and support and delivers members only savings and discounts. Join the ASU today, to build a better life at work and a stronger country. ASU membership is tax deductible. It pays to belong.