An ASU organiser attended the staff briefing on Friday 19 March . The briefing didn’t cover all the relevant information on how the changes will affect you. So we have written to council requesting further information.
As well as requesting more information, we have requested the timeline be extended, so you can be fully informed before providing feedback on the proposed change.
We have asked for the following information to be provided:
- All relevant information, as council has indicated they are still working through what the changes may look like.
- Copy of current and proposed structures.
- How many staff are being proposed to be made redundant or redeployed?
- Classifications and position description of any altered positions, and current position descriptions.
- Names of all current staff that are proposed to be impacted by the changes
- details of employees where any changes to current hours of work is planned including details of the change
- The impact of the removal on any positions on reporting relationships and workloads for remaining staff and staff in other areas and how council will mitigate this.
- When council will consult with the Consultative Committee to ensure that no employee or department is disadvantaged through the redeployment/retraining/redundancy process.
When we have been provided the information, we will arrange a meeting with you all to discuss, and seek your feedback. Then we’ll either arrange a meeting with Council and/or provide a written response on your behalf.
This will be a stressful time for all employees at Glen Eira’s residential aged care facilities, but the ASU is by your side
By encouraging your workmates to join the ASU we will have stronger voice for workers at Glen Eira City Council. It is easy for anyone who is not yet a member to join online at www.asu.asn.au/asujoin
For further information or to become a Delegate please contact:
ASU Organiser Emma Bagg | firstname.lastname@example.org