BETTER PAY AND CONDITIONS FOR Whitehorse City Council WORKERS
Enterprise bargaining has kicked off again. We have held meetings over the last couple of weeks to hear what you want in your next agreement.
Our claims are designed to protect the things in life that matter – our jobs, income, families, community and health, safety and wellbeing.
Our claims include:
- Job security measures to fight for secure, quality, in house jobs from point of starting work at council to end of employment.
- Protecting workers from hazardous smoke, poor air quality & excessive heat.
- Paid leave for members who can’t work or need to go home because of a natural disaster
- Paid leave for workers who can’t work for any reason because of COVID.
- Addressing workplace mental health issues.
- Ensuring we take full advantage of the new Gender Equality Act 2020 and gender equity or workforce related provisions of the Local Government Act 2020.
- To ensure the workplace is safe and without risk to the health of members due to gendered violence and harassment.
You can read our full log of claims here.
It is now time for you to endorse this log of claims.
We are stronger when we are united. Chat to a workmate who is not yet a member of our union about the importance of joining the ASU to getting a better deal in the enterprise agreement. It’s easy for anyone to join online at www.asu.asn.au/asujoin
If you would like further information, please contact your ASU Delegate or contact
ASU Organiser Lorraine Di Pietrantonio | 0400 986 745 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Join the ASU today