ITS TIME TO FIGHT FOR YOUR PAY AND CONDITIONS
Council workers have been on the frontline throughout COVID last year.
- Many of you were still undertaking essential work, whilst the rest of the community were safe at home.
- Or you were at home juggling childcare, home-schooling, or just trying to share an “office” space with other members of your household.
- Or expected to use your own leave or stood down without pay, because your work could neither be done safely or from home.
So how is Council proposing to reward you for your hard work and sacrifice? They want to give you a pay increase of 1% per year!
In return they want to:
- Remove End of Band payment which is 1.5%.
- Make you reduce your annual leave balance to 4 weeks and take all of your annual leave each year.
- Make you take time in lieu within 2 weeks.
- Freeze allowances until the award catches up.
- Reduce trade qualified staff from Band 4 to 3 and reduce entry level (non-qualified) to Band 2!
In contrast, the ASU claims are designed to protect the things in life that matter – our jobs, income, families, community, health, safety, and wellbeing. We want decent pay rises and we want protection from things such as COVID. You can read the full ASU log of claims here.
Now is the time to stand up and fight. We are stronger when we are united. Chat to a workmate who is not yet a member of our union about the importance of joining the ASU to getting a better deal in the enterprise agreement. It’s easy for anyone to join online at www.asu.asn.au/asujoin
If you would like further information, please contact your ASU Delegate or contact the ASU Member Contact Centre email@example.com or 1300855570.