The following information has been provided by the Victorian government and is relevant to you if you live, work or have been in the western suburbs of Melbourne
Testing & Isolating
- If you work, visited or go to school at Al Taqwa College – on July 28, 29 or 30 – you must get tested for COVID-19, go home and stay in quarantine for 14 days.
- If you live in the same house as someone who worked, visited or is a student at Al Taqwa College on these dates, you must also get tested and quarantine for 14 days.
- That means you cannot leave the house for work and to go shopping – and you cannot have visitors in the home for any reason.
- Anyone in the community with any symptoms – chills, fever, sore throat, runny nose, shortness of breath, or loss of smell or taste – please also get isolate immediately and get tested.
- There are new exposure sites on the Victorian Government website – please check them regularly on coronavirus.vic.gov.au and if you have been to any of the locations, you must follow the health advice.
- There are exposure sites in Newport, Altona North, West Footscray, Caroline Springs, Spotswood, Truganina and Tarraville.
- Remember, if you are not required to isolate and are allowed to leave your house, you must wear a mask – indoors and outdoors, all the time.
- if you are not required to isolate and are allowed to leave your house, you must check-in with a QR Code at every location you visit, everywhere, every time.
- $450 Test Isolation Payment if you have taken a coronavirus test and have no other income while you isolate and await your result.
- $1,500 Pandemic Disaster Leave Payment if you have been instructed by DH to quarantine or self-isolate.
- Food relief packages if you need to isolate or quarantine you may be supported with a relief package delivered by the Australian Red Cross. Relief packages contain basic essential food and personal care items to last a four-person household for two weeks.
- No Interest Loans scheme of up to $3,000 to support low-income households with the costs of rent and utilities, repayable over 24 months.
And if the ASU can be of any assistance, please contact
ASU Member Contact Centre | firstname.lastname@example.org