At our last EA meeting on 8 December, we informed Council of ASU members’ revised position – that you would accept Councils’ offer in principle if they agreed to the below:
- back pay to first full pay period after 1/7/2021
- additional plant to be added onto the plant list:
- Medium Rigid and Chipper
- Medium Rigid with two front mowers
- Towing one front deck mower
- 10-meter tipper with combination and trailer Band 4
- If we cannot reach agreement members have endorsed to run a No Vote and apply for protected industrial action if necessary
Council said they would go away and consider all the above other than 10-meter tipper with combination and trailer Band 4 which they wouldn’t agree to.
We were scheduled to hold an EA meeting on 15 December, but Council requested it be rescheduled as they hadn’t formed a decision. We are now scheduled to meet again on 9 February 2022 when everyone has returned from leave.
Aged Care and Disability Services Update
Council have received and noted the feedback that was provided in our letter. They have advised they’ll consider our request for further information and for an extension to the consultation timeline and will provide a response to our letter the week commencing 10 January 2022.
Please make sure your member contact details are up to date with us and keep an eye out for the next update.
There has never been a better time to encourage your workmates to join the ASU so we can have a stronger voice for workers at Hepburn Shire Council. Ask them to join today via www.asu.asn.au/asujoin
For further information or to become a Delegate please contact:
ASU Organiser Emma Bagg | firstname.lastname@example.org