There has been some good progress with the negotiations and great turn out at all the site meetings with members over the last couple of weeks.
We have had some great wins in the latest negotiations;
- 8 individual days or 4 instances of two days or less of personal or carers leave per year can now be taken without the need for a medical certificate
- Evidence for Personal/Carers Leave has been expanded
- 10 Days paid Family Violence Leave with the ability to take a further 10 days exceptional circumstances leave has now been agreed
- Negotiations for the next EBA will start sooner, 6 month out from expiry
- We have achieved an expanded definition of Family to include a broader recognition of family of choice
- Individual Flexibility and Flexible Working arrangements have been agreed
- Redundancy clause has been approved
- Higher Duties will not be reduced
- Meal allowances and On-Call have been improved
- Ordinary Hours of work have been retained
Sticking points include;
- TIL changes that the employer wishes to implement
- Purchased Leave
- Excess leave handling, the employer wishes to reduce your entitlements to accumulate leave
- Paternity/partner leave request for 4 weeks
Please discuss the negotiations with your colleagues, both members and non-members and encourage them to join the ASU, add strength to our claims and have a say in these negotiations.
We held member’s meetings at Brunswick, Dandenong, Sunshine and Dallas and support was strong. The next negotiation has not been scheduled due to the change in staff in HR.
Union strength is the key to success, ask a colleague to join today https://www.asu.asn.au/asujoin
For further information or to RSVP please contact:
ASU Organiser Karrie Bowe | 0400 917 845 | email@example.com