As members would be aware by now, negotiations for your new enterprise agreement have now been completed with the new document presenting significant improvements on the old agreement.
The ASU negotiated to obtain most of the claims which were tabled by ASU members, including:
- A wage increase of 2.5% or CPI each year;
- Higher duties to be payable after one day in higher position;
- For consultation to occur before a final decision is made;
- Improved wording in disputes clause;
- Two additional days paid compassionate leave if travelling interstate or internationally;
- Improved uniform allowance for those not provided with uniform for WHS purposes; and
- A huge amount of wording changes to reduce disagreements over entitlements.
The agreement was endorsed by employees during the EA ballot with 86.3% of those who voted voting in favour of the agreement being made.
The Fair Work Commission will now take their time to review the terms of the agreement and ensure that it meets the legislative requirements. This process can take up to four to five months in some cases.
For further information please contact:
ASU Organiser Aaron De La Torre | 0427 813 821 | firstname.lastname@example.org