ASU members from the Family Violence Sector have met twice in recent months to discuss sector-wide issues. Our next meeting is as follows;
DATE: Tuesday 5 April
REGISTRATION LINK: https://zoom.us/meeting/register/tJwtd-6vpzsuHNaDFjI4az7KK9VXy4Uae6mC
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
Please ensure your agency is represented and invite a colleague to attend.
At the last meeting, we identified the core objectives to guide the work of the network.
These were to:
- Network and build solidarity for FV sector workers,
- Make work in the sector more sustainable.
- Ensure that the work of the sector remains connected to purpose.
Key sector issues emerging;
- Pay differentials – classification inconsistencies
- Inadequate pay
- Workload stress gives staff churn and system bottle-necks
- Inadequate supervision and support
- Issues associated with crisis work from home
We discussed concerns about the ongoing gender pay gap and how industrial relations legislation limits capacity to bargain sector-wide. The need for improved funding and job sustainability.
- Industrial clams for bargaining – supervision, wages
- Sector survey on the key issues
- Funding review and reform
- Identify issues in PVAW sector
- Sector conference on these issues.
- Organising and campaigning steps
Thanks to attendees from 1800 Respect, Gen West, McAuley, EDVOS, Georgina, Safe and Equal and Centre for Non-Violence for your attendance and contributions.
At our next meeting, we will be discussing the release of the survey, sector mapping and next steps toward a sector campaign.
Share this with a colleague today and ask them to join the ASU via https://www.asu.asn.au/asujoin
For further information please contact:
ASU Organiser Jane Karslake | email@example.com