It’s just not right that community sector workers are declared to be essential by the state government, and yet that same government allows you to be employed in insure work.
Expendable in other words.
What Can You do?
- Sign the Essential not Expendable petition and share it with your workmates.
- Organise a meeting in your workplace to discuss insecure work. Please speak with your delegate, ASU organiser or the ASU contact centre at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ask a non-member to join the ASU.
- Take a selfie of yourself. Please include a copy of the selfie sign that you can download here.
- Please print off the selfie sign
- Write your message in the text box
- Take a photo of yourself
- Send it to ASUNews@asuvictas.com.au for us to put on ASU social media platforms
ASU community sector members have shown that when you put your minds and actions to an issue, you get it done. You won equal pay and portable long service leave.
Making your work more secure is the next big step towards making the community sector work sustainable.